Vote 👏🏼 in 👏🏼 the 👏🏼 2018 👏🏼 Midterm 👏🏼 Elections 👏🏼
If you vote in Democrats, they’ll be able to block Trump’s policies
It’s not just that they’ll be able to block Drumpf’s policies for the (hopefully only) remaining two years: the entire House of Representatives is up for re-election in 2018. Whoever wins the House in 2018 will still control it in 2020, when we have our next census. This means we voting districts will get to be redrawn and if Republicans retain control of the House in 2020, they will make gerrymandering even worse than it is now, which already favors them.
But the odds are severely in favor of Republicans for 2018. The election is ridiculously lopsided: 23 Democrat seats and both (there are only 2) Independent seats (who Caucus with Dems) will be up for the taking compared to only 8 Republican seats. Not to mention midterm election turnout is always far less than POTUS elections and Republicans consistently turn out for midterms while non-Republicans fail to show up worse than they normally do.
It gets worse. This is the Senate race in 2018:
- Arizona – Currently Republican
- California – Currently Democrat
- Connecticut – Currently Democrat
- Delaware – Currently Democrat
- Florida – Currently Democrat
- Hawaii – Currently Democrat
- Indiana – Currently Democrat
- Maine – Currently Independent
- Maryland – Currently Democrat
- Massachusetts – Currently Democrat
- Michigan – Currently Democrat
- Minnesota – Currently Democrat
- Mississippi – Currently Republican
- Missouri – Currently Democrat
- Montana – Currently Democrat
- Nebraska – Currently Republican
- Nevada – Currently Republican
- New Jersey – Currently Democrat
- New Mexico – Currently Democrat
- New York – Currently Democrat
- North Dakota – Currently Democrat
- Ohio – Currently Democrat
- Pennsylvania – Currently Democrat
- Rhode Island – Currently Democrat
- Tennessee – Currently Republican
- Texas – Currently Republican
- Utah – Currently Republican
- Vermont – Currently Independent
- Virginia – Currently Democrat
- Washington – Currently Democrat
- West Virginia – Currently Democrat
- Wisconsin – Currently Democrat
- Wyoming – Currently Republican
All of the states in bold were awarded to Drumpf, 11 of which are currently held by Democrats. Republicans hold a 52 seat majority right now. If they can maintain the 8 seats they have to defend, they only need 8 Democrat and/or Independent seats to have a 60 seat supermajority and the power to pass basically anything they want under Trump for two years.
If you think it’s catastrophic now (and it is), imagine Drumpf and the Republicans with a 60 seat supermajority for two years plus a Republican House with the power to redistrict in 2020.
And that is why organizing now is critical. Getting people to run against every GOP House Member and tying every action by Trump to them. Make the 2018 elections ALL ABOUT TRUMP. This is also about taking back Governor’s Mansions.
It is NOT impossible, but it requires effort. 2018 elections efforts SHOULD ALREADY BE UNDERWAY!
@ all my american followers
Important note: States redistrict. Not Congress. So, while it’s important to keep Trump from making gains it’s also crazy important to work on state legislature races.
ALL OF THIS